Wednesday, June 17, 2009

31 weeks

Hi everyone!
We had an appointment yesterday and I got the results of my glucose screen and blood count, which came back normal. So...that means I don't have to worry about gestational diabetes or have any further testing done, which makes me very happy. The Dr. was concerned because I had lost 10 pounds since my last visit 3 weeks ago. I told him I hadn't been feeling very well at all and sleeping a lot. I told him my glands had been pretty swollen the past week, but they have gotten a little better. He did a quick exam on me and said that I probably was getting over what he thought was a viral infection. My heart rate, as well as Arianna's were right on target so he said not to worry and to keep an eye on any new symptoms. I was thinking that I had been pretty swollen the last few weeks and I'm not anymore, so maybe the weight loss had something to do with water retention. As most of you know, I read somewhere that drinking over 100 ounces of water a day during pregnancy was a great way to avoid stretchmarks, so I did, religiously. I had a water jug that I thought was 100 ounces (I just found out it was actually 128) and I would fill it up every single day and make sure to drink it all before the day ended. Well, this past week, guess what popped up? Stretch marks. So much for my plan. I still drink a ton of water but I haven't been faithful to my 100 oz. per day goal anymore...so maybe that's why I am not so puffy and lost some water weight? Who knows. The baby and I are both measuring right where we should be so I am not too worried. We finally got the dresser/changing table that we had ordered and my loving fiance had it all set up for me when I arrived home from work yesterday :) Now I just have to organize all of her cute stuff inside it! I am looking forward to the crib, so her room can finally be DONE. My heartburn has been absolutely horrible lately and I carry a container of Tums with me at all times..yuck. I also don't sleep much anymore. It's hard to get comfortable and I find that I am tossing and turning all night..which leads to me being sleep deprived and crabby the next day. Poor Jeremy. One last thing..If one more person tells me, "Oh my gosh, you aren't due until August? You're huge!", "Are you sure you aren't having twins?", "You're really big for barely being 8 months along", "Wow, you look like you ready to pop, I thought you were due a lot sooner than August", or "Look how big you are already, you are going to have an awful/terrible/horrible summer", I AM GOING TO SLAP THEM.

No comments: