Monday, November 23, 2009

New daycare..and 4 months tomorrow!!

I am happy with the daycare that Arianna is at now, however, the YMCA has opened a new child development center and I happen to know the woman who is running it. Her name is Lori and I watched her son at the Crayon Club for a few years, she also worked for Head Start. I think she will do a great job at being a director. If you are a YMCA member, this daycare is a lot cheaper, and they let you pay hourly. The daycare we are using now, charges you either a full day or half day. So, we are spending a lot more than we need to, seeing at Arianna is only there for a few hours a day (two days a week). The YMCA daycare is trying to become accredited, so although liscensing standards require the the infant-caregiver ratio to be 4:1, Ari's new daycare will have a 3:1 ratio. The daycare is in an old elementary school in Mqt. that shut down...so the older kids get to use the school library (all books were left) and they get to use the gym and the cafeteria and everything. It is nice and spacious and I like that. Lori is requiring the lead teachers of each classroom to have a 4 year degree, which is great. The place is already up and running, and it has been for most of fall. I have only heard great things about it, so we were really excited to hear that they were opening infant and toddler rooms. Arianna starts next week, wish us luck! P.S. Little muffin will be 4 months old tomorrow!!!! You can see how big she is getting from these pictures! Oh, and she is doing really great with sleeping through the night...still going down by 8-9 PM and sleeping in until about 7:30-8 AM. We are really looking forward to Grandpa Paul and Grandma Patty coming up for Thanksgiving on Thuruckysday! That's all for now :)







No comments: