Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Nigh-night Mama, see ya"

Tonight as I put Arianna down in her crib and started to walk away, I heard "Nigh-night Mama, see ya!" Ummm, what? What happened to my little baby that used to whimper when I left her room at night?? I responded, "Sweet dreams, love you", like I always do and her sweet little voice said back, "Bye-bye, luf you".

 ::Tear::

Although I am happy that my little bug doesn't cry when I leave the room anymore, the fact that she is saying goodnight to me happily, in phrases makes me a little sentimental!  I cannot begin to explain how much fun she has been lately!  It's like I have a little sidekick, and I can almost talk in sentences with her! She pretty much knows the words for most common things and uses them, often.   It's funny because she look so tiny, and then she will start talking and be all like, "cupcake, please Mama?" or  "Look, turtle Mama!"  By the way, she has known the word Mama for a long time, but now she actually addresses me as Mama, all the time.  Haha, it's pretty cute.  As for the word 'see ya', which is also a new favorite, I have no idea where she learned it!  It's certainly not something that Jeremy and I say often?!  Ohh and "noo-nuls", she lovesss her some noodles.  That's another one that she says ALL the time.  Speaking of my baby growing up, we are done with bottles.  It's been four days and Ari hasn't looked back once.  After getting over a few teething issues, our champion sleeper is back.  Literally, I will put her down at 7 pm on the dot and she usually wakes up at 9.  We are SO lucky!  In other news, I am getting a root canal tomorrow, YUCK.  Wish me luck..

I'll leave you with a picture of what Ari does about 10% of the time when we ask her to smile. 


That's her eff you face, in case you couldn't tell :)  She does it on purpose and sometimes it's quite exaggerated. Oh and the other 90% of the time she grins and says, "cheeeeeeeeeeeeese"!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Aww, as bittersweet as it will be to see Kennedy grow, I can't wait until she interacts more. I know exactly what you mean when you say you are happy that she doesn't cry when you leave, but at the same time, it shows how independent she is. That is what is going to pull on my heart strings the most!