As far as pregnancy number 2, things are moving right along. I had my glucose screen today, and have my fingers crossed that everything will be fine. I can't believe it's the third trimester already. We have soooooo much left to do in poor Brady's room. The walls are already a light blue color (not my favorite) and will match his nursery bedding ok, so at least I don't have to worry
Miss Arianna is doing well. If you remember me talking about the lump in her neck, the surgery is now post-poned until fall when I am on my 12 weeks of maternity leave. It's a long and complicated story and it's pretty much the surgeons fault for taking so long to get back to us, but the jist of it is that a sedation MRI must be done first before the surgery and we can't get in to radiology until June 23rd, which was the last possible week my OB wanted me to be able to travel. So, we tried to get it set up so that I could take a week off of work and fly down to Chicago with Ari, get the MRI done and get the surgery done the day after, so a few days after. Well, the surgeon is going out of the country that week. So....it looks like we will wait longer. He is expressed to us numerous times that this neck mess isn't an emergency situation and that it isn't urgent, which we understand. However, our daughter has a lump(that's growing) in her neck, attached to her main artery, and we still don't know WHAT the lump even is yet, because there has been no MRI or biopsy. SO, we would like it taken out, please and thanks. I never knew it would be this hard to schedule a surgery. I have called Children's Memorial about 2485097409570934509 times. Very frusterating not getting phone calls returned. Ok, my rant is over.
Things with Ari are great. She suprised us last night when we asked her to count her crayons (she is usually very hesitant to count for us) and she said, "One, two, fee, four, five, six", perfectly! And, I can now say that she knows all of her colors, even brown and orange! Good job Arianna! Her teachers continue to tell us how talkative she is and how impressive her vocabulary are. One thing she excels at is names. She will meet someone once and remember their name from there on out. She calls all of her teachers and her little classmates at school by name. So cute. I guess she is the opposite of her Mommy, because I ALWAYS forget the names of people I meet!
We spent Memorial Day weekend in Green Bay with our family, which was very nice. We booked a room at the Tundra Lodge which is a hotel and indoor waterpark. It was a blast. My parents surprised us and upgraded our room to a family suite and drove up from Chicago to stay the night with us too. Since Jeremy's family lives about 45 minutes north of us, they were able to come and enjoy the Tundra too. We had a nice family dinner that night and spent lots of time playing in the water. Monday the weather was gorgeous and we played at the hotels little outdoor water area, which was more or less a splash park, but still lots of fun. Momma even got to lay out in the sun and get a tan! It was great! I will leave you all with some pictures from our weekend!









1 comment:
HOW CUTE is her little bikini? She is a little doll :)
Post a Comment