I'll start with a Brady Henry update :) My belly has started itching like it did with Arianna. It started around the same time with her too. My OB called it "PUPPS" and told me to use hydrocortisone cream, which really doesn't work at all. Oh well. I went in for my appointment last Thursday and the Dr. told me that since I have been measuring ahead, consistently for the entire pregnancy, that he was going to do an ultrasound in the office that day to make sure everything was ok. Brady was measuring exactly where he should be for his gestational age, which was a relief. Guess I just have a big uterus :) Since Arianna came 4 weeks early, I figured I should get on the ball with getting the rest of his baby stuff ready. I packed a bag, finished up his room (for the most part) and got out all my old nursing tanks and bras. We also ordered the Fisher Price Rock N' Play thing that I have been talking about forever. It was on sale for $40 on amazon.com, no tax and free shipping! That's cheaper than Target and Wal-Mart!
The toddler bed transition went great. We really have had no issues. Our little girl looks so grown-up sleeping in a big girl bed!
On to potty training. We have had a potty for Arianna for months. She has never really show any interest in it, other than playing with it. About a week and a half ago, she was running around naked and she sat and went pee on the potty! We made a HUGE deal about it and gave her candy, one skittle! Ever since then, she has been peeing on it, and not having wet diapers. We went out got her a little pack of toddler underwear, which seemed to encourage her even more. At the beginning of this week, we decided to send her to daycare in her big girl undies. Before, we had just been working on potty training with no diapers at home, and when she goes there every day from 12:30 to 4:30, we were putting on a diaper on her. Anyway, I packed her bag with some extra outfits and undies and pretty much expected to pick her up that day and see her in different clothes. NOPE!! She had NO accidents and told her teachers every single time she had to use the potty. Talk about a proud Mom moment. I never EVER thought potty training was going to be this easy. She is waking up DRY in the morning and asking to go potty right away and we are even running errands and going on walks in underwear. I have already moved all of the cloth diapers over to Brady's room and pretty excited to not have to deal with diapers for the next few weeks, haha! I should mention that the 18-24 month shorts and pants that were finally starting to fit our little peanut are now falling off again, because of the lack of big, fluffy cloth diaper butt. ::sigh:: I guess we will live in dresses and rompers for a while longer.
Arianna's 2nd Birthday is on July 24th. We are having the party here at our house. I am doing minimal planning and cooking. We have a few friends and some family coming up for it, and I am looking forward to a laid back day :) Arianna is pumped and talks about her birthday party at least 5 times a day. Oh, it's Mickey and Minnie mouse themed, we let her pick all by herself!
On to the ENT. If you remember, Arianna had tubes put in her ears last fall. We periodically have follow up appointments to make sure everything is still ok with them. Well, turns out, her left ear has no tube in it (they can fall out) and her ear has lots of fluid and was swollen inside. After, 2 weeks of some really expensive ear drops, we went back in and they confirmed that there really is no tube in the left ear, and that there definitely is fluid. Another prescription was written, this time for a nasal spray and antibiotics are in our near future. Poor girl. If the ear infections start coming frequently, we may have to go back and have another tube put in. Which would mean surgery. While I'm on the topic of surgery, I should add that we have an MRI date scheduled for September 20th, and the surgery to remove the neck mass from her neck should be shortly afterwards. We are working on getting that scheduled, which is a whole different story..
I'll leave you with some crappy cell phone pictures (I don't even know the last time I took out my camera, haha)
We love the beach :)
Patriotic Day at school
More beach time. Gotta love living a few blocks from Lake Superior
Holy 8 Months!! Taken in the bathroom at work!



2 comments:
Her pigtails are the cutest things ever!! That green dress looks amazing on you as well, wow 34/35 weeks already!? Time flies. Are you going to take any time off before the c-section or are you working up to your due date? Hope you get some rest this weekend. Thank you for the comment on my blog :)
I hope everything in Ari's ear clears up. I also hope that Brady makes an early appearance so that I can meet him when I come to mqt! hahah, is that bad of me?
Post a Comment