Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Timeline

Friday July 22-


OB appt. Doctor mentions that my blood pressure is starting to get high. He also mentions admitting me to the hospital. I am 34 weeks at this point. A little early for my comfort, andddd Arianna’s 2nd birthday party was scheduled for Sunday. They decided not to send me to the hospital and I got to go home! Woot! I had to stop and get blood work done first and then pick up a kit for a 24 hour urine collection.

Sunday July 24-

Happy 2nd Birthday Arianna! We had a small party with close friends and family and all went well. Except for the fact that our little princess was in the worst mood I have ever seen her in and was crabby all day long. Birthday pictures to come in my next post 

Monday July 25-

35 week OB appt. Semi-high blood pressure again. According to lab work, moderate amount of protein in my urine. Both are signs of pre-eclampsia. Remember, severe pre-eclampsia is what caused me my emergency C-section at 36 weeks with Arianna. My Dr. decided I needed to be sent to the hospital for monitoring. I ended up staying the night. Not much changed and the baby looked great. Thank goodness my parents were in town from Chicago to help out with Ari. Oh, and as this day, I was officially put on BEDREST. No more work, and my 12 weeks of maternity leave begins. I ended up spending the night in the hospital and everything was fine. They sent me home with instructions to only get out of bed to eat, shower or use the restroom. My parents had to head home on Tuesday, but my MIL was able to come up and spend Thursday to Sunday with us, helping around the house and chasing Arianna all over the place. Thank you Lynn 

Friday July 29-

Day 3 of pretty bad headache. (Also a sign of pre-eclampsia) My OB sends me to the hospital again. And more lab work and urine collecting begins. My blood pressure is once again semi-high but not dangerous and the protein in my urine has doubled. Still not really enough to officially call it pre-eclampsia. I got a shot in the butt, of something to help my headache and was sent home after hours of monitoring. Luckily Arianna is in daycare from 12:15-4:45 5 days a week, so I really only need help with her at night. Bed rest is nearly impossible when she is home though…

Monday August 1-

36 week OB appt. My blood pressure is higher than it has been this entire pregnancy. They have me lie down and relax and do the 20 minute non-stress test. Baby looks great on the monitor and is highly reactive. They took my blood pressure again after relaxing for a while in a quiet room. It was still pretty high. Dr. officially diagnosed me with pre-eclampsia. He reminded me that the only cure for pre-E is delivery. However, I am not in any danger yet. My BP isn’t dangerously high yet, but it seems that we are headed down that path. I was sent down to do blood work and pick up another kit for a 24 hour urine collection. So, my C-section is scheduled for August 23, but if the blood pressure and protein levels continue to go up, I am pretty sure we will meet Brady earlier than that!

Adding to my high BP is the fact that Arianna had a high fever 102-103 degrees for the past 2 days. She has no other symptoms, so it appears to be teething. It’s been a stressful few nights around here, but hopefully we are on the mend. My mom is flying in at 3:15 today and plans on staying for about a month, so that is GREAT news!

Birthday post coming up next!


No comments: