I ran my first ever 10k. It was in Green Bay and there were around 19,000 participants. I loved it! I have been working towards it for a while so it was actually pretty easy for me. My SIL and I ran together and she told me a few days before it that she really hadn't ever ran more than 4 miles. When race day came, she did the whole thing without stopping, making me incredibly proud of her! We had very different attitudes at the end of the race. The first thing I said was, "I can't wait for the next one!" and she said, "I don't ever want to do that again". Haha! So, my time was 1:04 and while I am happy with that, I could have went faster, but I was running with Jenn to motivate her to finish! I think I am going to run my next one with the stroller. Not the double, the single. Maybe one day I will try to do one with the double, but it isn't easy. That thing with two children in it weighs close to 100 lbs! Here are some pictures from the race. Sorry for the quality, but I really didn't want to pay $29.95 to buy them :)
SIL and I
In other news, Brady is 10 months old now and has taken his first few steps. I can't believe how big he is and how quickly it is all going by. Good thing there will be at least one more baby for us in the future :) And when I say that, I mean a number of years from now. Haha!
Oh hi, I'm big!
Arianna had a little accident the other night. We have a solid wood entertainment center (TV stand) and she tripped and fell right into it. Jeremy wasn't home yet and we had been outside all day, so I threw both the kids in the tub right when came in, before dinner. They were literally both naked and waiting to be dressed by me when this happened. After she fell, I looked down and there was blood EVERYWHERE. I called hubby and he rushed home from work and off to the ER we headed. It was still bleeding sooo much. It was not very much fun. Both kids were starving and then they determined that Arianna had to get stiches. First though, we had to sit for another 20 minutes to let the numbing cream start to work on her wound. They couldn't do superglue (which they usually prefer to do) because it just would not stop bleeding no matter what they did. Arianna was an angel, which was kind of shocking because she had been a complete terror all day, which is the case around here more often than not. More on that next time. Terrible 3's??? Our days have been rough to say the least. Anyway, 5 stitches later we were good to go. The doctor and nurses kept telling us how she acted like the perfect child and how they should have video taped the procedure, etc. Too funny. If they only knew ;)
And last but not least, a family photo.








3 comments:
ohh congrats on the run! I saw your pic on instagram and was going to ask you about that. great time!
poor arianna. hope she heals up quick.
and last but not least, super cute family pic!
Thank you!! :)
I love how the girl in the yellow behind you is just sucking air and you look like you're hardly working! Way to go! I'm so proud of you and your quest for health! I'm also excited to try the Cottage Cheese ranch dip. I HATE cottage cheese, but if you say you can't taste it, then I'll take your word for it. :)
Post a Comment