Arianna did great. She is still sick though. Let's back up a little bit.
-3 weeks ago (aprx), Arianna is diagnosed with a sinus infection and put on Augmentin for 10 days. No improvement.
-A few days after the medicine ran out, she had her ENT appointment. We scheduled this months ago, and after I had called the pedi to bring her back in, because she still wasn't better, they said that the ENT would diagnose her and treat whatever was wrong with her.
-Meet ENT, do hearing test, hardly any hearing in L ear because ear infection is so bad. (AFTER 10 days of being on meds)
-Perscribed to Bactrim for 10 days. Reccomended to get tubes put in ears.
-10 days later: Surgery day. (also last day of Bactrim) No improvement. Still not sleeping. Still fussy and not eating. Still losing weight.
-Surgery goes well, ENT tells us that the left ear was still very infected when he went in there to put the tubes in (after being on meds for 20 days now)
-That night, so sleep, sicker than she has been in the last 20 days. Can't sleep or breathe because she has so much mucous.
-ENT calls the next morning to follow up. Says that excess snot and congestion isn't a result of the surgery usually and that she probably still has some kind of infection and to schedule (ANOTHER) appointment with Pedi.
-Yesterday, Grandma Patty is in town and Mom and Dad can't really take off any more work, so Grandma brings Arianna to Pedi.
-Pedi says there is still some sort of major infection and perscribes Omnicef. More drugs, for 10 days. Hopefully her immune system isn't destroyed after this.
::Sighhhh::
I am sick, Jeremy isn't feeling well and our poor child has been sick for the past month straight. Literally. I feel so bad that she had an ear infection for at least 2 weeks...ouch :( I am praying that this final round of strong antibiotics work. We are all sleep deprived and life around here has been difficult to say that least. We just want our poor baby girl to finally have some relief and start feeling better. Thank you Grandma Patty for coming up from Chicago to help out.
-3 weeks ago (aprx), Arianna is diagnosed with a sinus infection and put on Augmentin for 10 days. No improvement.
-A few days after the medicine ran out, she had her ENT appointment. We scheduled this months ago, and after I had called the pedi to bring her back in, because she still wasn't better, they said that the ENT would diagnose her and treat whatever was wrong with her.
-Meet ENT, do hearing test, hardly any hearing in L ear because ear infection is so bad. (AFTER 10 days of being on meds)
-Perscribed to Bactrim for 10 days. Reccomended to get tubes put in ears.
-10 days later: Surgery day. (also last day of Bactrim) No improvement. Still not sleeping. Still fussy and not eating. Still losing weight.
-Surgery goes well, ENT tells us that the left ear was still very infected when he went in there to put the tubes in (after being on meds for 20 days now)
-That night, so sleep, sicker than she has been in the last 20 days. Can't sleep or breathe because she has so much mucous.
-ENT calls the next morning to follow up. Says that excess snot and congestion isn't a result of the surgery usually and that she probably still has some kind of infection and to schedule (ANOTHER) appointment with Pedi.
-Yesterday, Grandma Patty is in town and Mom and Dad can't really take off any more work, so Grandma brings Arianna to Pedi.
-Pedi says there is still some sort of major infection and perscribes Omnicef. More drugs, for 10 days. Hopefully her immune system isn't destroyed after this.
::Sighhhh::
I am sick, Jeremy isn't feeling well and our poor child has been sick for the past month straight. Literally. I feel so bad that she had an ear infection for at least 2 weeks...ouch :( I am praying that this final round of strong antibiotics work. We are all sleep deprived and life around here has been difficult to say that least. We just want our poor baby girl to finally have some relief and start feeling better. Thank you Grandma Patty for coming up from Chicago to help out.
Here is the little peanut in her Tweety Bird hospital gown, playing with toys in the waiting room, pre-surgery.

Arianna and my Mom :)
OK Mom, I am done looking at pumpkins, can we please go?


3 comments:
I'm sorry there is a lack of sleep going on in your house. I hope that Ari will finally be feeling better. Thats a long time for her to feel bad.
Im so sorry you are going through this, Hope Arianna feels better soon!
I am so sorry! Poor thing! I can't imagine the stress you guys are under. I'm praying all 3 of you are feeling better very soon!
Post a Comment