First of all, HUGE news:
ARIANNA'S EAR INFECTION IS GONE!!!
It only took a month and 4 different kind of antibiotics..and tubes...Ugh. Hopefully, she starts eating well again and gaining some weight back. The nights have already been much better, she is back to her normal sleeping habits, sleeping about 12 hours a night! This makes for a very happy Mommy and Daddy, because for the last month, we were getting up 2-3 times per night. Yuck. We are getting excited to have our families come up to Marquette to host our first Thanksgiving! I am sure Jeremy will do most of the cooking, so I am not too nervous. I have a few appetizers that I think I will make, but I definitely have a few (new) appetizers that I am going to make!
Arianna is like a whole different child now that she is better again. I enjoy my time so much with her! Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy when 7 PM rolls around and it's bedtime for her too :) I feel like she is saying new words every day! Her newest ones are Grandpa, fish, and outside. I even have videos of them! We went to the grocery store tonight and there was a Christmas tree with ornaments (ALREADY?!) and she pointed to the round, red ornament and said, "apple?" It was so cute. She also cries for bananas and Elmo on a daily basis. She sobs the words so they are long and drawn out, until I give in, haha. Her words sound pretty clear and I think a regular person (like not her Mom/Dad/Grandparents) would even be able to tell what she says! It makes me wonder if the tubes are helping her hearing out, and she can finally hear the words that are coming out of her mouth. The ear doctor told us that when babies have ear infections, everything they hear people saying to them, sounds like it's being said underwater. Poor kid.
Pictures are harder than ever to take lately. Arianna is always on the move. She never stops. Her newest love is her babydoll and stroller that she puts the doll into. She rocks, cradles and pats the baby on the back and it is ADORABLE. In not so wonderful news, Arianna is becoming REALLY attached to her blankets these days. They are the super soft Circo blankets from Target that are fleece and velour. She used to just sleep with them and now she wants to drag them everywhere. All over the house and in the car and outside. Not O.K.! I don't like the thought of things that are dragging on the ground, touching her face! I cut one of them in half and it has worked pretty well, so I am thinking that I may do that with the others. The last thing I have to share is that Arianna pooped on her frog potty! Woo hoo! Now if I could only get her to do it all the time! Well, this Momma is tired and headed to bed. Here are some pictures for you!
2 new teeth!
"Arianna, say cheese".
Sassy Girl


1 comment:
glad that you're back! and that Ari's ear infection is all cleared up.
Post a Comment