From where, you ask? Oh, just the hospital. A brief little three day stay. Arianna was admitted last Wednesday after an appointment with her pediatrician. She had a very high fever Monday and Tuesday with a cough, and when we brought her in Wed. morning, it was determined that she was in respiratory distress and was sent to the hospital right away, apparently her oxygen levels were quite low, which scares me. They stuck our poor baby with an IV right away and then took some X-rays to determine if she had pneumonia, which she did. She had an IV in her arm, some type of monitor on her toe and 4 other oxygen monitor things stuck to her chest. Miserable would be an understatement to describe how she was feeling. None of us slept that much that first night, and they found out in the middle of the night during one of her screaming fits, that her IV wasn't in properly and was coming out, not a very comforable feeling if you have ever had it happen to you. To add to all of the chaos, she was given nebulizer treatmemts every 2 hours, day and night. The breathing drugs are stimulants, they made my child wired. Also, she was given a steroid to decrease lung inflammation, which made her the most irritable and moody child I have ever seen in my life. It was awful. Luckily, my Mom drove up from Chicago on Thursday to help us out. She knew we had been having some pretty rough times lately and could tell that we were stressed to the max. Tomorrow is when she leaves and it will be sad because for one, it is always great to see her, but she was the biggest help around our house. She did everything from laundry to dishes, to bathtime and more. We are very grateful for her help :)
Anyway, Arianna was discharged after three LONG days. Trying to keep a toddler entertained on a hospital bed is nearly impossible. Ugh. We are done with the stupid steroid drugs that made her a demon child and her breathing treatments have been decreased to every 6 hours. I would say she is about 90% back to her normal happy self! I am probably forgetting lots of details, but my brain is tired, haha.
I also had my baby appt Friday. I am 17 weeks now and have a noticable baby belly! My OB was a little concerned because my blood pressure was high and I had no weight gain :/ I explained how stressful our lives have been lately and promsied that I was eating well and healthy and she seemeed to understand where I was coming from. I am almost falling asleep at my keyboard at this point, so I am going to say goodbye now! Ooh, one last thing...we find out what we are having on April 8th! Yayyyy!
Here are a couple crappy cell phone pictures from some of the happier moments at the hospital
Finally eating...
Taking a walk with Daddy..only hooked up to one machine!
3 comments:
I'm glad you're home and Ari is feeling better! Also, can't wait to find out what you're having :)
Glad little Ari is feeling better! Hospital stays are never fun, I can't imagine what it is like when your little baby is the patient. Can't wait to hear what gender the new littlest one will be! :)
Oh gosh, that sounds absolutely horrible. I cant imagine containing a toddler for three days in a hospital!! I hope things start to calm down and that she feels better soon!
Post a Comment