I really don't have much to write about! I made a promise to myself that I would be better about keeping up with my blog, so here I am. We are still getting used to our new house. We spend our days crafting and trying new recipes. I guess I should mention that I LOVE being a stay at home Mom. Love, love, love it! I don't get shop like I used to, because we don't have a ton of extra money floating around, but I would still choose staying home, any day, even the bad ones :) The only other thing that isn't the greatest right now is Ariannna's lack of social interaction with other kids. We don't know ANYONE in Oshkosh. I try to keep her busy during the day with projects and activites, but there is only so much you can do. Plus, it's been snowing every day and hovering around 0 degrees out for the past week, so going on walks and playing at the park are not options. The other day, I decided something had to be done. I went on Meetup.com and found that there was a playgroup in our area. I joined and was invited to their first event almost immediately. It's called "Wiggles and Giggles" and at the YMCA. They open up the indoor soccer area and take out balls and other large motor toys and let the prechool/toddler age kids go at it! The other Mom's from the group that I have talked to seem really nice so far, so hopefully Ari and I make some friends :) We also are signed up for a ballet class that starts next month. Yay. The dance studio we chose has competitive dance(all types), gymnastics and baton teams, along with non-competitive. As a former dancer, the thought of my little girl being a dancer makes me realllyyyyy excited! I love and miss dance! Anyway, Arianna is signed up for the only option for 2.5 year olds which is a mixed class. It incorporates baton, gymnastics and ballet. She is SO excited!!
Also on our agenda is preschool enrollment/orientation in mid-Feb. We are leaning towards a place called Davis School, althought we haven't gone and looked at any yet. I'm pretty sure that we will choose this one because it's the only accredited daycare/preschool in the Fox Valley. With my early childhood background, I know how important accredidation is for a childcare facility, so it wasn't hard to make our decision. Well, I guess if something goes horribly wrong at orientation, then we will have to change our minds, haha, but it's probably going to be this place. Kids that turn 3 before Sept.1 are eligible to sign up for 2 or 3 day a week preschool that starts in the fall. Exciting!! What's even more exciting is that I was doing a little research and I found out that Oshkosh has Pre-K for any and all kids(residents of Oshkosh) who turn 4 by Sept.1 of that year. It's FREE, through the public schools. Also, it's 5 days a week! That's awesome. Marquette didn't have any sort of program like that. There was Head Start (you had to be reallyyyyyy low income to qualify) or private pre-k programs. So, looks like we will only be paying for a year of preschool!
I am starting to learn my way around our new town. Well, I take that back. I know how to get to Target, the grocery store, the kids' doctor and a few restaurants. All the important places, right ;) It looks like our playgroup has their meetups at lots of different places, including peoples homes, so I guess I will be forced to learn my way around pretty soon here! Honestly, I get really bad anxiety about driving in new places and getting lost. I have this fear that everytime I drive somewhere new, that I will get lost. That's using GPS too. Hah!
Last but not least, I weight Brady today. At 5 months, he is 17 lbs. He seems huge to me! I just went and looked and at 7 months, Arianna was 16 lbs. Guess I was right that he is a little chunker!
Here are a few of the kids and some of enourmous playground by our house! You can click to make them bigger!
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What an interesting playground and your daughter is going to love ballet. I thought about checking meetup.com but I may wait on that. We already do baby story time at the library on Wednesdays and Ballet for my older daughter on Tuesdays. I'm about to get started on some projects at the house too so I don't want to overextend myself right now.
Post a Comment