Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pinsperation-A few of my personal favorites

Seeing as all we do is Pin, and complete crafts and recipes from Pinterest, I figured it would be easy to devote a blog post to it!

I'll start with a DYI pin.  This doesn't need a whole lot of explanation, you simply put a tension rod in the cupboard where you store cleaning supplies and it frees up a whole lot of room.  We had an extra rod laying around, so I did it! Great idea!


I made some of these stars for above Arianna's bed.  The directions were pretty clear-cut, but one thing I would do differntly is use a hot glue gun.  I used thick, sparkly paper and the regular glue didn't do a very good job.  They look awesome now that I'm done though!



I loved this idea as soon as I saw it.  We bought the mini clothes pins at Wal-Mart and our flash cards are from Michael's.  I actually took a picture too!


Our version!

We used a tension rod to try to recreate this reading nook in the playroom.  It looks nothing like this, I was working with just things that we already had laying around, because I didn't feel like going out shopping for new supplies.  That said, Arianna LOVES it.  She tells everyone about her "reading nook" and spends a lot of time in it.  Also, I ALWAYS find our big husky/lab mix sleeping in there.  Must be cozy :)

Ever since having Brady my hair is super oily.  Like I have to wash it once a day no matter what.  This never used to be the case.  It's annoying.  We made this spray and it works like a charm! Much less expensive than buying dry shampoo from the salon!

This is one of my favorite things we have done.  And we have done A LOT of kids crafts.  Too many to even begin to blog about.  Arianna loves her "color wheel" and is very proud when she can get all of the clothes pins on it by herself.  Great fine motor activity! Color matching too!  Someone suggested doing this with numbers, or using it to match lower case to upper case letters,  and we will probably do that soon. 


We did a version of this on cavas and gave it to family for Christmas.  It turned out so cute.  I took a picture but it pretty much looks just like this one except with 3 strands of "lights".


Another Christmas gift we did:



We have used Pinterest for SO MANY recipes.  I seriously make something new almost every day or night.  It took me a while to narrow down my favorites but here we go!

Skinny Baked Potato Soup
It was to-die-for.  And healthy.  My family loved it and there is a whole head of cauliflower in it that you couldn't even  taste! We will make this again and again and again. Great recipe!

Banana Pudding
Made this for Thanksgiving desert and everyone loved it.  It seriously was really good.  My husband and stepdad were arguing over the leftovers, haha. It made a ton so it was perfect for a get together!

Skinny Chicken Penne Bake
This is probably my favorite.  I have made this a few times now.  It's a 3 cheese chicken penne bake, but it's light on the pasta and heavy on the chicken and spinach, which is what makes it a little bit better for you than a traditional baked pasta dish.  I could eat this every night.  YUM. 


There are sooooo many more things that we have done but I've got a hungry baby who wants to eat and you all are probably getting bored, haha!

If you want to follow me on Pinterest, here ya go!


2 comments:

B F said...

I did the flash card DIY project in our playroom too!

I HAVE to try the potato soup.

oh and I'm now following you :)

Krysta said...

Yay! Thanks! The potato soup was sooooo good! You'll have to let me know what you thought of it!