Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Update

Our family has been sick for the past 3-4 days.  It has been ROUGH to say the least.  I want to cry when Jeremy leaves for work every day, simply because it is really, really hard to take care of two sick babies (who haven't been sleeping like at all) when I am sick myself.  Ugh.  Thankfully, we are on the mend and hopefully by tomorrow we will be feeling much, much better.  I am going blame my exhaustion on this unorganized, bullited blog post!

-Brady is huge.  Like 18 lbs now.  Arianna is 28.  He is going to catch up to her by the time he is one 1, I bet. 

-We are members of the YMCA now.  There are two in our town and they are both pretty awesome.  The bigger one has a full-sized ice skating/hockey rink, a full-sized indoor soccer field, really nice new basketball courts, a full workout facility and a number of swimming pools, one with slides and a baby pool with cool little water acitivites.  We will be spending a lot of time there!

-We already went to something called "Wiggles and Giggles".  They open up the indoor soccer field to toddlers and preschoolers, and put a TON of large motor toys out; balls, bikes, climbing equipment, slides, etc.  They play Disney songs the whole time and it is AWESOME.  We met a few parents and kids there that we likes.  Also, we heard great things about the preschool we chose and the dance studio we chose. 

-Dance starts Saturday! I am soooooo excited.  Probably not as excited as Arianna.  She talks about it every day.  I will make sure to take lots of pictures. 

-I went out on a limb and joined a Mom's and Tot's Group.  We don't know ANYONE here and I feel bad for my kid.  Our first "meet-up" is Thursday, at the YMCA.  I'm looking forward to it. 

-One of the Mom's in the playgroup and I started emailing back and forth. Since we both live on the north side of town  and have daughters who are only weeks apart in age, we thought a meetup would be fun! We went to the library on Monday for storytime.  It was fun.  Her name is Ann and we got along really, really well.  Her daughter Natalie is like a mirror image of Arianna and they were great together.  Our library's whole lower level is for little kids and there is a ton for them to do there.  I'm sure we will be back before Winter is over. 

-I found out we live really close to this.  The Community Aquatic Center.  Our old town had nothing like this, not even an outdoor public pool! I have a feeling we will spend lots of time here this summer!

-Naptime is done for Arianna.  It makes my days realllyyyyy long, but bedtime is easy..and happens at 7:30.  Before, bedtime was a struggle every single night and sometimes she wasn't getting to bed until after 10 PM.  Then, if we had something going on the next morning and she had to be up before 10 AM, she was crabby.  So, she goes down around 7:30-8 and sleeps at least 12 hours.  Brady usually wakes up around 8-8:30, so it's all good. 

-Remember that post a few months back about trying so hard to lose weight? Well, it's working.  I have been eating super healthy and getting exercise every single day and I have lost 25 lbs! 20 more would be ideal, but we will see :) For now, I'm just happy to see the numbers on the scale go down every day.  I was HUGE by the end of my pregnancy with Brady.  I will NEVER EVER be that big again.  Yuck. 

-Arianna is 2.5 now! Where did my little baby go? She acts like she is 12 and is wayyyy too smart for her own good.  I have a feeling she is going to give us a run for our money a few years down the road.  Yikes, haha.

That's all I've got for now :) 

No comments: