Saturday, March 3, 2012

Our Week(s)

Sorry for the lack of updates! My laptop is broken and most of the time I am just too lazy to use Jeremy's.  You know how it is to use someone elses computer to blog.  Maybe I am just making excuses too :) Anyway, there isn't anything too exciting to report around here, so I thought I would paint a little picture of what one of our weeks looks like!

Monday

10:00 AM:Storytime at our Oshkosh Library.  They usually have a few stories and then a project for the kids to do.  Our friends Ann and Natalie are usually there as well.  After storytime, we play and check out books.  The whole lower level of the library is the kids area and there is tons of stuff for them to play with!

4:00 PM: This is when drop-in care re-opens at the YMCA.  It's closed from 1-4 each day.  We head to the Y and Mommy works out while Brady and Ari play at the drop in child care center. 

5:30 PM: I get done working out and Wiggles and Giggles starts.  It's at the Y and it's an hour of open gym for the toddlers, they bring out climbing and riding equipment, balls and tunnels, etc.

Tuesday

We usually do something fun in the morning.  Last week was Monkey Joe's. 

4:00 PM: This is when drop-in care re-opens at the YMCA. It's closed from 1-4 each day. We head to the Y and Mommy works out while Brady and Ari play at the drop in child care center.

Wednesday:

10:00 AM:We drive to the next town over, Neenah and go to their library for storytime.  This is muchhhh better and longer.  It usually includes a puppet show and other fun activities!  Afterwards, there is a place called Mom and Pop's.  It's a cafe that's down the street where Mom's can sit and chat and the kids can play. 

4:00 PM: This is when drop-in care re-opens at the YMCA. It's closed from 1-4 each day. We head to the Y and Mommy works out while Brady and Ari play at the drop in child care center.

Thursday:

9:30 AM: We head to the BIG YMCA (our town has 2) that's a little further from our house for Wiggles and Giggles.  This one is much bigger and has TONS of stuff for the kids to do.  We are usually there for about 2 hours.

4:00 PM: This is when drop-in care re-opens at the YMCA. It's closed from 1-4 each day. We head to the Y and Mommy works out while Brady and Ari play at the drop in child care center. 

Friday:

We don't have set plans on Friday mornings.  The Oshkosh Gymnastics Center has open gym for kids and we plan on trying this out soon! I've heard it's really fun. 

4:00 PM: This is when drop-in care re-opens at the YMCA. It's closed from 1-4 each day. We head to the Y and Mommy works out while Brady and Ari play at the drop in child care center.

Saturday:

9:30 AM: We head to the Y and Mommy works out while Brady and Ari play at the drop in child care center.

11:00 AM: Arianna has dance class.  She loves it!


As you can see, we spend a lot of time at the YMCA.  We love it there! It will be nice in the summer because it's less than a mile from our house, so I know we will walk there a lot! 

Also, I signed up for this 5k Mud Run/Obstacle Course with my best friend and SIL.  It's going to be so much fun! I have been running about 5 miles a day at the gym.  It feels great! I do it 6-7 days a week.  I need to start doing some strength training and other stuff too, but right now I am just trying to get to 6-7 miles because I am running a 10k with my sister-in-law in June! Yikes! I feel great and the weight just keeps coming off, so it's definetely motivation to keep working out and dieting!

I've been looking forward to March for a while now.  We are heading home tomorrow to spend a week in Chicago with my family.  At the end of the month, my friends Mandi, Ryan their daughter Grace and Megan are coming to stay with us for the weekend.  We are going to go wedding dress shopping (for Mandi) and probably look at bridesmaid dresses, yay!

Brady has croup and it has been awful.  Thank God he is on the mend.  We are awake like every hour or two at night.  I can't wait to start sleeping again.  Brady is still in our room and he needs to be transitioned to his crib soon.  I'm scared.  If anyone has advice about sleep training, I'm all ears. 

That's all for now! Not sure when I will update again because we will be in Chicago for a while!

No comments: