Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter, 8 Months & Arianna

I really wantg more than once a month, but it is difficult to find the time! Plus, we never have anything going on that is worthy of writing about!

We had Easter at our house this year.  My parents, along with my Aunt and Uncle came up from Illinois.  I cooked Saturday night and then we went to an Easter Buffet on Sunday.  It was at a really good restaurant called Frattellos.  It was right on the river and had a huge outdoor bar and party area with tons of boat slips, it made me think about how much fun it probably is in the summertime.  I guess they have live music out there a few times a week too! Saturday we atteneded an egg hunt at the park near our house.  There were were a TON of people, and not really enough eggs.  It was actually kind of chaotic and made me never want to attend another one. Hah! The Easter Bunny was walking around the grounds, so there were hoards of people surrounding him at all times with no real lines to stand it to actually get a picture with him or anything.  Oh well. 

My one picture that I took that day (from a cell phone)

We also had some pictures done of the kids at Portrait Innovations.  Arianna was AMAZING.  She is a little ham.  She kept saying, "how do you want me to pose?", "what do you want me to do next?" She was an angel.  Brady was kind of tired and crabby, but overall, I love how they turned out.  There are hundreds and probably at least 25 that I love.  Here are a few of our favorites!








Brady turned 8 months AND started crawling.  I didn't know what to expect from him because his sister waited sooooo long to crawl (10.5 months).  He is all over the place and just like I expected, is in to EVERYTHING.  Picking up food of his tray is not a problem for him.  Those little Gerber cheese puff things are his favorite.  I bought them in the maple cinnamon flavor the other day though because the smell of the cheese ones makes me want to vom.  Sleeping is still going great.  He usually wakes up once a night to nurse and sleeps 10-12 hours a night.  He gets solids at breakfast, lunch and dinner and does pretty well with eating.  Lately, he seems to love peas and green beans.  Nursing still happens about every 4 hours.  Still no teeth! I'm kind of surprised, I know Arianna had her first at this point.  Our drop-offs at the YMCA when I get workout are gettin better.  Yesterday was the first time in a longgggg time that he didn't cry when I left.  The teacher said that he did really good and only cried once while I was upstairs working out! We were just at the Dr. for what looked like ringworm but turned out to be excema (they think) and he weighed 19 lbs! Finally gaining some weight back after a long bout of being sick with Croup and some other nasty virus.  Most 6-12 month clothing is fitting our little man these days :) Here are some pictures of my smiley little guy






Arianna keeps me on my toes lately.  She is smart, and hilarious.  I have heard some of the funniest things comes out of her mouth and generally, she is an awesome kid.  We do have our moments of defiance..and stubborness.  Bribery hardly works anymore either.  If it's something she doesn't want to do, nothing will work.  "I don't care Mom, I don't want fruit snacks then.  I don't want to go to the park then".  She calls the dining room the "diamond room".  That one always cracks me up.  Oh and on Easter, she randomly walked into the kitchen where my Mom and I were standing and said, "Hey guys, that FRICKEN Easter bunny left eggs on my screen porch!"  Mom and I looked at eachother and tried not to laugh and said, "what did you just say?" She repeated herself again, in perfectly clear English.  Guess I need to watch my mouth a little more around that one ;)

Here are some pictures of our little lady





2 comments:

Francis said...

The blue gingham dress that Arianna is wearing is adorable. I saw it at Gymboree last week.

Desi said...

Glad you guys are doing so well! We need a skype date soon!