Friday, August 17, 2012

12 Months!


First off, I am behind on a birthday party post..and a vacation post.  My excuse? We went out of town for 8 days! We are heading to Washington state on Wednesday.  It has been crazy around here!

I thought I would write this first though, before my boy turns 13 months, haha!




Brady turned one on August 12.  We were in Michigan at a campground with my in-laws!  It was a bittersweet day for me.  Brady was such a sweet and snuggly baby, and I know that I will probably only get to do the baby thing one more time.  His first year of life passed so quickly.  On his birthday I thought back to 365 days ago, when he was born and taken away so quickly to the NICU.   I didn’t get to see him for six hours and when I finally got to go in there by him, I saw wires, IV’s and feeding tubes everywhere.  It was terrible.  In fact, it still makes me sad to look at pictures from that period of time.  In a way we were lucky though.  He was by far the healthiest baby in the NICU and his only issue was that he aspirated some amniotic fluid.  After a few days, he was just fine J 


Let’s move on to some stats about the little man!

-He is 22 pounds and 28 inches long.  Average weight and below average height. 

-He got 5 shots and had blood drawn at his 1 year appointment.  It was awful. 

-Still head over heels for his big sister.  Follows her everywhere and lights up when he sees her!

-He LOVES to clap his hands! All the time!

-Dancing is another favorite activity.  Anytime there is music on, or even a commercial on the TV that is playing a tune, you will catch him bobbing his little head.

-He waves bye-bye and does “so big” when we ask, “how big is Brady?”

-He says “uh-oh” all the time.  Drops things on purpose just so he can say it I’m pretty sure J

-We have been working on some baby signs and he now signs “more” when he wants more of something!

-He walks about 90% of the time.  He is QUICK!!

-He loves to climb stairs.  We have a door that closes to our upstairs, and the other day I ran upstairs quickly to put a suitcase in our room.  I must not have shut the downstairs door all the way, because when I turned around to come out of our bedroom, Brady met me in the doorway! He climbed those stairs SO quickly!!

-We are done with baby food and have been for a while.  Some of his favorites are mandarin oranges, blueberries, goldfish and Pirate’s Booty white cheddar puffs. 


That’s it for now, I will try to write a party post before we head to Washington!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 12 month old LOVES Pirate's Booty. He throws tantrums if my husband doesn't share his!