Sunday, July 19, 2009
35 week Dr. Visit
We had our appointment on Thursday this week..It was scheduled for 4:00 and we didn't get in to the exam room until 5 mins to 5:00. This didn't make me a very happy camper. The Doc didn't like the fact that I was still really itchy all over and she mentioned that sometimes pregnant women get a liver disease that can cause itching..then said she was going to go check if they did a liver function test last time they did bloodwork on me. A few minutes later a nurse came in and gave us some paperwork to go to the lab and get blood drawn ASAP so they could test it. The lab was already closed by the time we left our appointment, so I went the next day after work. After I sat and waited for about 20 mins, a nurse came and asked me if I had fasted for 8 hours before I came in. I said no, and she told me that this type of blood test requires fasting before it. I told her that no one told me that and I left. So...I finally went in to the lab at the hospital yesterday morning after not eating for 8 hours and the person I gave the paperwork to looked at me and said she had no idea what kind of test that my OB was asking for. Then she asked if I knew, and I told her it was something to do with the liver. She gave me a blank look and continued to stare at the paperwork from my Dr., like it was written in a foreign language. I finally had some blood drawn and we are now waiting on the results. Other than that, we are excited to be counting down the final days and the Dr. said that everything looks good :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment