First of all, thank you to all the friends and family who have called, e-emailed, stopped in and sent flowers to us. We love you and are so thankful for your support!
I am going to try to keep this baby update as simple as possible. My fingers are swollen and numb so it hurts to type! Jeremy and I have been at MGH since about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. My blood pressure is high and my hands and feet swollen to the point that our OBGYN was concerned. The initial cervical exam showed that I am not dialated yet and the baby hasn't completed dropped yet. She is in a head down position though :) They decided to run a 24 hour urine screen on me, so everytime I go into the bathroom, it goes into a little cup that they come and dump into a big red jug that sits in my bathroom. According the Dr. Pond, I have all signs of pre-eclampsia and they are just waiting on the urine screen results (it isn't done until 9 tonight) to see if there is protein my urine, which is the determining factor of whether I have pre-E or not. If they don't find any protein, I will be diagnosed with pregnancy related hypertension and will most likely put on bed rest. Dr. Pond also informed us that they don't let people with this condition go past their due date, so that was nice to know..that we will have a baby in our arms for sure, before Aug.21. If there is protein in my urine, it means I have either mild or severe pre-eclampsia. If this is the case, I will be induced very very soon.
Dr. Pond scheduled an ultrasound for us this morning to measure Arianna's growth, as well as the levels of amniotic fluid surrounding little Princess. The radiologist did a number of different measurements; head circumference, length of femur bone, belly size, etc. All of those measurements are taken into account as they tell you the weight of the baby. Arianna happens to weigh 7 POUNDS!! I was shocked, considering I only weight 6 at birth, but Jeremy and his sister were 9 and 10 pound babies so I knew there was a chance of a big baby. The ultrasound measurements also indiciate that we are measuring to be about 37 weeks 5 days pregnant right now, with a due date of Aug.11. Our original due date of Aug.21 puts us at 35 weeks 5 days right now.
The labs and the urine screen results will be sent to my Doctor at some point during the night tonight (late night). She told us we will know a lot more after all these results come in and she has a chance to analyze them. So, we are spending another night in the hospital and we are anxiously awaiting the results of our labs.
P.S. I thought I saw a stretch mark on my outer thigh and I very urgently asked Jeremy to come look at it and tell me if it was one or not, and his response was, "No babe, it's just a dimple". OH SWEET. Not a stretch mark, just new cellulite!! Thank you Arianna, you can stop now :)
P.S.
Arianna: We love you sooooo much little baby girl and we are glad you are healthy!! You have no idea how excited your Mommy, Daddy, Grandparents and lots of friends and family are to finally meet you! Your bedroom is all set up for you and we have so many hugs, kisses and cuddles that we can't wait to give you! We love love love you, get here safe <3
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment