Thursday, July 9, 2009

Just Kidding!

To those of you who don't know me very well, this is probably going to make me sound like a mean person. Really though, it was funny and I'm not :) Jeremy has an issue with answering his cell phone sometimes (frequently). He doesn't do it on purpose but he will leave it home, in the car, at friend's houses, or forget that it's on silent, etc. There have been many times where his mother or other various members of his family have had to call me just to get a hold of him. I have been telling him that during the pregnancy it's going to be very important that he know where his phone is and check it often. He is much better than he used to be, but once in a while it still happens where I can't get a hold of him for some stupid reason. So, this past Tuesday I called him a few times from work, no answer. I called him on my way home from work, no answer. It was a long day and I was getting annoyed because I just had a simple question to ask him. I knew he wasn't at work and that he had probably just forgotten to turn his ringer back on after he woke up, but I was still irritated! What if it had been an emergency!? So I called again and left a voicemail saying that my water had broke. HAH. About 20 minutes later I was on the phone with my Dad and Jeremy called me back. My Dad suggested that I ignore the call and let him worry for a second, and then call him right back..so I did! HAHA. Well, what do you know, when I called back there was no answer. Now, if he had heard my voicemail he would have called me 4898598353 times so I figured he didn't check his messages (not unusual). So I sent him a text message that said, "My water broke". About 5 minutes later I got a frantic call from him saying, "WHERE ARE YOU??!!" I couldn't help but laugh and he realized it was a joke all along. He started to get mad and then I told him that this could have really happened and that's why it's important for him to check his phone once in a while. After he calmed down he told me that when he read my text, he ran to the babies room and was trying to get the carseat detached from the stroller and trying to find the base for the car seat and get everything ready to go to the hospital. I can visualize this scene and it makes me laugh :) Although I felt kind of bad, I think he learned his lesson haha. He's the best =)

1 comment:

Desi said...

bahahahaha...I really need to do that to Pat. He's the same way about his phone! So nonchalant. So I feel your pain.