Thursday, January 21, 2010

6 months and a Letter to Arianna Lynn

Even though it's 2 days early, I am doing the 6 month post today, because we have a pretty busy weekend!

Arianna is has turned in to quite the bubbly and happy little baby. She isn't showing any signs of stranger anxiety yet and will happily be passed around to anyone who wants to hold her. She is sitting up on her own for the most part and enjoying the freedom of it! She likes every solid food we have tried so far; peas, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. She is pretty quiet, she coos a lot but hasn't learned how to scream or shriek yet! She chuckles softly, quite often, mostly when we kiss her belly or say silly things to her. She loves when I say the word Hank, in weird or funny voices. Haha, what a weird kid. She gets up on her knees during tummy time but doesn't succeed in scooting forward yet. As of last night, she successfully holds and drinks out of a sippy cup on her own! She sleeps through the night but is a terror when it comes to actually getting her to sleep at bedtime. We need to work on that! She prefers to sleep on her belly for naps and bedtime. She is pretty stubborn, like her Mom and Dad! She won't take naps at all while she is at daycare, unless she falls asleep in the swing, which is NOT allowed. So, as soon as they move her to a crib, she wakes up. She is at daycare 4 days a week from 12-4, so not too bad. They love her there, she is still the only girl and despite the fact that she won't nap, they always tell me how good she does and how she is still happy by 4 PM. Her teachers have also told me what a clean and neat eater she is. Funny, it isn't really like that at home! I love when I pick her up from daycare and she is hanging out with all the other babies in some sort of semi-circle and they are all babbling away and talking with eachother. This happens often and it is so CUTE. I guess I could say my favorite thing is when she gets so excited to see me walk through the door to pick her up from "school". Arianna loves to chew on her lower lip and she does it in most pictures! She also likes to suck on her two fingers, which lately are in her mouth ALL THE TIME! She doesn't always smile for me now, she likes to choose whether she wants to smile for Mom now. My old tricks that use to never fail me don't always work anymore! She loves to stare at the camera, especially the blinking light. Arianna loves kisses and makes the funniest faces when Daddy kisses her, probably because his facial hair tickles her! Sometimes it makes her mad and she cries, haha. She also likes to hold on really tight to me and bury her head in my neck when she is upset and it's nice knowing that simply being so close to her Mommy comforts her. She is loved by so many people and it shows in all the gifts that is always getting!! From my coworkers knitting her homemade hats and blankets to our college friends buying her cute clothes from the Skate Shop and Old Navy, to our parents friends and coworkers sending gifts from across the country, she is a spoiled girl! The last thing I will say is that Arianna is the sweetest most adorable baby in the world and it makes me excited for our next one!! I don't know if it's because she is so good or what, but it's all I think about :)



Dear Arianna,

I can't believe you are 6 months old already!! It has been a fun and exciting 6 months with you so far! You wouldn't believe how much time Daddy and I spend talking about how much we love you, how cute you are, how big you are getting, etc! We love you soooo much! You have come so far from being the sleepy little 4-week early baby that didn't open her eyes for her first month of life! I will tell you again, even though we tell you daily that you are the best thing to ever happen to us. Although we don't get as much sleep, and Daddy got rid of his X-Box and Mommy doesn't get to spend all her money shopping for herself anymore, we can't imagine what our lives would be like without you. You make us smile every single morning when you wake us up, no matter what time of night or morning it is. You are the most laid-back, cheerful little baby I have ever seen. We love you so much and can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings :)

Love,
Mommy


Get ready for picture overload! And, there will probably be a lot more after this weekend when my friend Desi comes to visit with Olivia! We are taking the girls swimming together at the hotel pool. My gosh, it makes my heart melt just thinking about the two of them splashing around in their swimsuits :)





























1 comment:

Francis said...

aww she is adorable! I love the food shots where they have it all over their face! my little one gets it everywhere, but her mouth heheh