Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's and a Sick Mama

So sorry that it has been so long since a blog update! First of all, I want to make sure and thank Jeremy's Mom, Lynn and her family for watching Ari for the long New Year's weekend. It allowed Jeremy and I to work and make lots of money New Year's Eve and we also got to hang out with our good friends who were in town that weekend. Arianna has been doing great. She still has a little cold but I heard thatit is pretty normal to get sick a few times right after starting daycare. I went out and bought a bunch of organic veggies on Thursday, the first step in the process of homemade babyfood. I went to the Co-Op in Marquette and they had everthing on my list, except butternut squash. Sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, and for some reason I am forgetting the rest. Haha, oh well. We were also suprised with a high chair that arrived on our doorstep on Wednesday, thanks to my Mom and Paul! We love it and so does Ari!! Now, for the reason that I have not been able to start making baby food yet...

I had Red Lobster with few coworkers for lunch yesterday and picked up Ari from daycare right afterward arond 3. We came home and layed on the bed to take a nap together. Around 4, I woke up to a really bad stomachache. I have never thrown up so many times in my life. Luckily, I told Mandi and she and Sara were over to to the house in a matter of minutes to get Ari out of here in case it was the flu. Jeremy was at work and Mandi was able to get a hold of him to clue him in. At this point I had a fever and couldn't keep anything down. He sent Megan to the house to scoop me up for a trip to the ER. They filled me with fluids and did lots of tests. At first they thought it was for sure the flu but I guess some of the labwork came back with some weird results and now they are thinking salmonella or food poisoning. We will know in a few days. Megan stayed with me at the ER while Jeremy got out of work and got more baby supplies ready to bring to Mandi's since the Doctor told us to keep the baby away from me and our house if possible. Mandi was nice enough to keep Ari overnight and now Kristen and her Mom are watching her today since Jeremy had to go into work for a few hours. Sorry if I am rambling haha, but I am pretty tired and not thinking as straight as I usually do. Anyways, I am feeling much better now and I am sooo thankful for our friends who were so quick to help us out. Thanks guys :) I will try to update with some pictures soon!

No comments: