Sunday, January 10, 2010

Solids!

Well, I am happy to say that I am feeling much better. Also, we could not be more grateful to our friends who helped with Ari this weekend since she was banned from being around me. I feel so accomplished, I made lots of homemade baby food today! I started with green beans this morning. It was just Arianna and I, Jeremy was taking a nap and she sat in her highchair and played/watched me the entire time! Now, as I have said before, we were waiting until 6 months to start solids (just a few weeks away) butttt... I kept looking at the pureed organic green beans and Ari was just staring at me, like she knew that it was yummy food...so I went in the bedroom and talked to Jeremy and told him I was going to let her try some. He was so tired from this hellish weekend that he said it was all good and went back to sleep. I called my parents on Skype so they could see Ari's first taste of real food (and the new highchair) and Ari tried green beans! She really liked them and it was super cute. She kept grabbing the spoon and chewing on it and of course the green beans were everywhere. I didn't take a video but I managed to snap a few pictures with my phone! So, this week is green beans and as you can see in the picture I have a whole tray of sweet potatoes that we will be trying next week. Then peas and carrots.

Other Ari news..she is getting better each day at sitting up! If you look at the first picture, there is nothing around her even helping her sit up. I can't believe how old she looks.. It's crazy she she will be 6 months old in just a few weeks! She is still sleeping like a champ and did great spending the night at two different houses this weekend ::deep sigh of relief:: At least our friends won't be scared to take her again if they ever have to. I was a little nervous that she would have them up all night because her routine was all thrown off. But, I think this is one of the good parts of not being on a super strict routine, is that the baby is able to adjust easily to new situations. Oh, she liked to put herself to sleep by chewing on a blanket (weirdo) but she is going down much easier than she has in the last few months, so it's great for us!
Arianna is still liking daycare (we think) and she gets lots of attention there (still the only girl). We love when they send home little art projects that the babies did at "school". So cute :) So, I will leave you with some pictures while we get back to baby food making and football.

XOXO








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.xgambling.org/]free casino bonus[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]online casinos[/url] manumitted no deposit hand-out at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]loose largesse casino
[/url].