Tuesday, February 23, 2010

7 Months...

I cannot believe our little cutie is going to be 7 months old tomorrow!! I feel like I was just writing the 6 month post...Our little peanut is 100% back to her old self and it is wonderful to see her laughing and smiling all the time again.  After those horrible few weeks, I almost had forgotten what an easygoing, laidback child she was.  She is doing great at daycare still, we got a little Valentine's Day project sent home with us a while a go that was a like a molded clay heart with her footprints on it in red paint.  Soo cute!  She is alway laughing and smiling when I walk in the door, so that is comforting to me.  The other day when I got there to pick her up, she was batting her eyes at a little boy named Liam who is 1 day older than her.  They said that she is "in love" with him and that the two of them play together all the time and giggle at eachother all day long, haha.  I didn't tell Daddy about that one yet..lol..he would probably switch her to a new daycare.  Kidding :) When Grandma Lynn and Great Grandma Hoefgen came up on Thursday to pick her up and take her back to Menominee for the weekend, Lynn told me that the Ari's teachers call her "their little princess".  That makes me laugh, I guess that's what happens when you are the only baby girl in a class full of boys (dressed in hair bows and tutus constantly) haha.  Yes, Grandma Lynn came up and got Ari to bring her to Menominee for the weekend, AGAIN!  We are so lucky :) Lynn reported that Ari had a ton of visitors and was in an great mood all weekend.  She slept well, ate well and was a doll for everybody that came to see her.  I guess I couldn't ask for much more :) Sometimes I think about the fact that we don't really have a strict routine with her; I used to get anxiety over it but now I am totally fine with it.  She gets bottles when she is hungry, every 5 hours or so and eats solids twice a day, sometime before noon and sometime after noon.  She goes to bed anywhere between 8:30-9:30 and sleeps about 11-12 hours.  I think that's why she does she good in new situations or with new people and at Grandma's house for the weekend, etc.  Because she isn't kept on some strict schedule doing the exact same thing everyday (no offense to those who do).  So, yay us :)  We went out and bought a walker for her last week...She is such a little shorty, that even on the lowest setting, her feet are at least 4-5 inches away from touching the ground.  HAH!  I am thinking that she will be walking on her own before her feet even would be able to touch the ground while in her walker! 

Some 7 month stats on the little lady:

-Still around 16 lbs
-wearing 6 month clothing
-sitting unassisted and reaching all over the place for anything in her sight. 
-sleeps on her back in her crib all night long (usually)
-sucks on a blanket to put herself to sleep
-rolling over from front to back like crazy
-not wanting to roll over from back to front (she hates being on her belly)
-starting to scoot forward when on her belly (I bribe her with things she loves like the remote, my cell phone and her sippy, haha. )
-Loves to stand.  Dad lets her stand on the floor while holding on to the couch or the footrest a lot.  He gets excited that she can do it without any help..for quite a while!
-bounces a TON in her Jumperoo. 
-Has learned how make her voice really low (growl?) and does it ALL the time. 
-Has successfully tried and loves every single type of solid food (fruit and veg) food that there is! Faves include applesauce and peas!
-Is OBSESSED with Tino and Josie.  If they are in the room, all of her attention is on them.  I get nada. 
-Is even MORE obsessed with Daddy.  Follows him around the room, cranes her nect to try to find him when she hears his voice.  Won't even look at me if Daddy is talking to her.  It is adorable and makes me want to melt :) :)

Here are the only recent pictures I have are mostly ones from the my cellphone, so they aren't that great, but they will have to work!  I finally scheduled an appointment for some pictures on Friday night, so I will have those to share with you soon too :)

Thanks for being the best and cutest baby ever Arianna :) Love you!!



2 comments:

Francis said...

aww what a cutie! Happy 7 months!

The Ellis Family said...

KRYSTA, OMG she gets more beautiful everytime I see here!!! SERIOUSLY the cutest baby girl EVER!!! You guys our obviously doing a great job because that smile on her face couldn't get any better--she's perfect!!!! These pics bring tears I really want to see you guys when I am home in March!!!!