Friday, May 11, 2012

On Switching Pediatricians...

When we lived in Marquette, I LOVED our pediatrician.  LOVED.  She was excellent and amazing in every way.  In fact, when we found out we were moving, one of the first things I mentioned was that we would have to leave her. 

Since being here, we have been to the Doctor many, many times.  Our new Doc was really nice and seemed good...but I just didn't love him.  I really didn't have reason to switch to a new one because this one hadn't done anything wrong...and I knew I would feel bad.  Fast forward to this week, Brady has a sinus infection and had to go in for a series of shots in his leg, 3 days in a row.  On day 2, we saw a new Dr. at the practice because ours wasn't there.  I loved him.  As we left, I stopped at the desk and mentioned that my son's 9 month well baby check was next week and I'd like to switch Dr's.  They told me it was no problem and that people did this all the time.  I still felt bad.  Then she asked me if I would like to switch Dr. Gardener to be our primary and I said yes.  Although it doens't seem like a big deal, it was something that was on my mind often.  It's an unsettling feeling to know that you don't love your child's pedi. I don't feel bad anymore and I am mostly just happy it's done with! Here's to awesome pedi's!

No comments: