So I updated last week and talked about Arianna's sinus and ear infections. Well, she had a really high fever this weekend, like 102.5 on Saturday. So I called the on call pediatrician (not our normal one, but from the same office) and he talked to me about giving her Motrin and Tylenol and alternating the doses bla bla bla. I told him her current weight (16 lbs!!) and he gave me the correct amount of each to give her. He said if her fever doesn't go away, to bring her in on Monday. Well, she had a high fever for the rest of the weekend, into Monday morning. So I made an appt. and had Jeremy bring her in. The Dr. first said that the Amoxicillin wasn't working at all, so she will be put on a new antibiotic that tastes awful. She then told Jeremy to never mix Motrin and Tylenol (even though LOTS of people do this). She also told him that the dosages we had been giving her were completely wrong. This irritated me. It's not the first time that 2 doctors from the office have told us completely different things. Get your shit together, so you are at least telling parents the same stuff. That's what I have to say about that. So, I went to give her the first dose of this new antibiotic on Mon. and she barfed everywhere. All over me and everything. She threw up everything that was in her belly. Awesome. So I call the Dr. office AGAIN and tell them, and ask them if I should give her another dose or what. They said no and that next time I need to give it to her over a 10 minute period of time (it's only a 1/2 teaspoon full). Well this was a huge pain but I managed to do it. She gagged each time I gave her a little bit, but managed to keep it all down. So I was happy that we were successful and I tossed the old antibiotic into the garbage and went to bed.
Fast foward to this morning. Jeremy called me at working asking where her medicine was. I said, "the fridge..". He told me that he could only find the old one in the fridge. WHOOPS. I had thrown the new meds away on accident the night before. LOng story short, they were out of the fridge for 12 hours and "ruined". Jeremy had to pack up the baby before he went to work this morning and go to th pharmacy AGAIN. Won't make that mistake again! Hopefully her meds start to kick in and her ear and sinus infection FINALLY go away.
XOXO
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
just found your blog through anpther blogger, your little one is adorbale!
Just wanted to say that the doctors are from different offices! Not the same!
Mandi
Thank you :) It's fun finding new blogs to read!
Post a Comment