Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Get this..



Yesterday was a typical day for me and Miss Ari.  We went and picked up her pictures, ran to Kohl’s and came home to Skype with Grandma Patty.   Ari ate peas and tried Pastina (tiny star shaped pasta) for the first time.  She did great.  I had to go outside for a minute and take Josie out to go potty and when I came back in, my mom was laughing.  She said that Tino had licked Ari all over her face and hands, and her high chair tray while I was outside with Josie,  apparently Ari was laughing, and so was my Mom through the computer, all the while telling Tino to stop and get down.  Haha, I can only imagine how funny this had to be for my Mom.  The best part is, on Skype you can take pictures of whatever  you are seeing at the moment.  So as Tino was licking Ari from head to toe, my mom was taking pictures from her computer..I had a bunch of them in my inbox this morning, so enjoy!
Eating Pastina!

 
Grandma snapping photos from her computer in Illinois...catching Tino in the act.




Ok, here is the not so fun part.  I took Arianna out of the high chair and put her in the bathtub and as I was washing her, I noticed that she had bumps, like a rash, spreading all over her body.  It was everywhere.  Then I noticed that she was wheezing, and having some difficulty breathing.  I yanked her out of the tub and called the hospital to talk to the on-call pediatrician.  For those of you who don’t know, her Daddy had a very bad allergic reaction last year and was rushed to the hospital, anaphylactic shock being the reason.  It was very, VERY scary to see someone you love suffering as their airways are closing up.  This was all I could think of as Ari continued to wheeze.   As I was giving the hospital operator my information, I noticed how much time was passing and debated hanging up and calling 911.  They say you have 10 minutes until the airways close up, if the person is in anaphylactic shock.  The girl on the phone was so slow, and probably should have been a little quicker when I told her I was dealing with a 7 month old who was having a (possibly) severe allergic reaction.  Long story short, I ended up calling 911.  The paramedics took forever to get there (Jeremy was at work) and it was HORRIBLE.  By the time we were in the ambulance her breathing had calmed down significantly and it turns out had nothing to do with the rash.  She was diagnosed with Viral Exanthem, and the specific rash is called “Fifth’s Disease”.  It is in the same group as Measles, Rubella, Scarlett Fever, etc.  Google it.  Interesting stuff.  It will go away on its own and isn’t contagious anymore but it was about a week ago, before the rash was ever present.  So, my child is fine, but has caught yet another contagious viral infection.  All is well today and you would never have thought that last night even happened if you saw her.. 
 
At the hospital

 


1 comment:

Jody said...

Oh I am so sorry Krysta! That still must have been so scary for you. I am glad that she will be ok though! I would have called 911 also, haha I am going to be such a mess when I am a mom!