This is a common phrase around our house this week. Finally, Arianna is letting us know verbally when this has happened. It’s been a long time coming. This kid talks a lot. She is already using phrases and letting us know everything that she needs, including if she is hungry, what she wants to eat, if she is tired or hurting and where it hurts. It has baffled me for months that she doesn’t let us know when she has a diaper-full! I have wanted to start potty training for a while now, but kids really aren’t ready until they have some grasp of what’s going on with their body and how to tell a parent that they went/need to go potty. So, I can say that step 1 is in place now! It makes me laugh because I work with families that have children ages 0-3; there are 11 families we service and I go into their homes once a week. There is one little girl in particular who reminds me a lot of Arianna, smart and very talkative. Anyway, this child is 22 months old and is completely in UNDERWEAR. All day. NO accidents! How awesome is that. We are soooooo far away from that point, it isn’t even funny! I guess a start is better than nothing though, right?! Oh, and I cannot WAIT to start buying cute little toddler underwear!
Talk to you guys Friday, when we find out the big news!


1 comment:
That's great! Sometime I wish my 2 year old didn't talk as well as he does--we were at a meeting at Dante's school and Royce said "my mom has big boobies. She has two boobies and a big belly full of babies, lol. Kids are hilarious! Good luck potty training :) I by far love GAP underwear they last forever and don't fade...Royce is wearing Dante's hand me downs even! Can't wait to hear the news FRIDAY!!!!
Post a Comment