Thursday, April 14, 2011
The one in which I talk about gaining 10 pounds in 4 weeks.
Yeah, I really did gain that much weight in 4 weeks. That was my OB told me anyways. What a terrible way to start the day. Let's back up. I used to be in pretty good shape. Then I got pregnant with Arianna and gained a TON of weight. I managed to lose all but about 5 lbs of it by our wedding which was August, 2010. From August to Novemeber, for whatever reason, I gained like 15 pounds. Then we found out we were pregnant. I vowed to eat well this pregnancy and not to gain a ton of weight. I ate very well the first few months and at my first few appointments, I had no weight gain. I wasn't exercising much because we don't belong to a gym right now, and I live in freezing cold Michigan. This past month, I have been A LOT more active because it's finally nice out! So, when I went to my 20 week appt. this week and was told that I gained 10 lbs in the past 4 weeks, I was shocked. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is that even possible?!!? I was hoping to maybe gain 15 lbs for the duration of the pregnancy!! Gahhhhhh. Not cool. Not cool at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You only wanted to gain 15 lbs? You're crazy, haha. I don't think anyone only gains 15 lbs...that's probably not even healthy! Gain what you need to for that baby boy in there! :)
PS they told me that I should expect to gain 35-40 lbs! I gained almost 30 by the time he was born and he was 6 weeks early...so i'm sure I would have gained more!
Krysta you look great. You need to relax and worry about losing weight after the baby. I think as long as you are eating healthy and staying somewhat active you are fine!
hey! if you look on the right column of my blog, at the bottom, there's labels. click on the recipe one and it'll bring up all the posts i put recipes on :)
i am going to start labeling all my posts...
thanks Joan!
Post a Comment