Friday, April 1, 2011

Dear April, I am soooo glad you are here!

Let me begin by saying that I am so happy April is here.  It is one month closer to Spring, for all of us folks living in freezing cold Northern Michigan!  It was almost 50 degrees out today and we spent a good two hours outside.  Amazing.  Our whole family is tired of being cooped up in the house.  It was a longgg winter.  I am also happy to begin a new month for other reasons.  In March, we headed to Children's Memorial in Chicago to meet with pediatric surgeons about the lump in Ari's neck.  We also lost our little pup, Josie.  Towards the end of the month, we spend 3 days in the hospital with our poor sick baby who had pnuemonia.  So, here's to hoping April brings many happy things!  My mom is flying in to town from Chicago on Thursday, and Friday is our big appointment to see if it's going to be a little brother or sister for Arianna!!

In Ari news...

-She is more talkative than ever.  We pretty much understand everything she says.  People compliment us all the time on how awesome her vocab skills are.  I guess having a Mommy amd Daddy who talk a lot pays off!

-She is still a little peanut.  My Mother and I ordered a TON of summer clothes for her from Gap and seeing as she is 20 months old, there was no way I was going to order 12-18 month sized clothes.  Well, bad idea.  She drowns in the majority of the stuff we bought.  The shorts don't ever stay up over her but, with the elastic pulled tight and the waist rolled.  Grrrr.  Let's hope for a big growth spurt before summer!

-We are working on shapes with her and so far, she can point out a heart, start and circle.  She says all three words pretty clearly and it's cute! We use her Etch-a-Sketch thing a lot for practicing shapes.  She also always asks us to draw "fuff-flies" and flowers all the time for her!

-New friends are being made at daycare.  For the first time ever, I heard her say "bye Harlow, bye Harlow" to her little girlfriend that is in her class.  So cute.  She also says "bye guys!!" a  few times, really loudly and excitedly every time we leave her school. 

-Girlfriend is more cuddly than ever.  She always asks for hugs and kisses.  She lovesss group hugs with her, Daddy and I.  She squeezes us so tight. 

-When asked to kiss Mama's baby, she runs up to my belly and kisses it.  She has been more obsessed than ever with babies lately.  She carries three of them around the house, all the time. 

-She says yes and yeah in such a cute way now and she actually means it.  "Mommy, come sit, yeah?" "Ohhh, walk baby, yeah!" She loves taking her babies on walks in her stroller.  So adorable. 

That's all I've got for now.  It's Friday and I am going to relax now.  I'll leave you with some pictures of munchkin playing outside!







No comments: